It’s Goal Time. The time of year where everyone thinks about what it is that they want to start, do better at, or stop in the new year. Most times people refer to these as resolutions and then they never keep them up past February. I am just as guilty as the rest of the world for this. Until this year that is. I have a few changes that have to be made, and for the love of God above, I will not make “resolutions” – I will make goals. Why? See below :
1. a firm decision to do or not to do something.
“she kept her resolution not to see Anne any more”
2. the action of solving a problem, dispute, or contentious matter.
“the peaceful resolution of all disputes“
(this is the second part of the definition – the first one about sports is not what I am going for here)
2. The object of a person’s ambition or effort; an aim or desired result.
“going to law school has become the most important goal in his life”
Its Goal Time.
Sometimes when we make resolutions we don’t’ realize what all it entails or half way through we may realize that isn’t what we really wanted or meant to do. We may realize that the final result is not what it was supposed to be but worked better for us. I think “resolution” is too hard and fast in it’s definition. “Goal” is more of an evolving type of sentiment that can mold with your desire.
So here are some of my many goals that will be with me in the new year. Some you may already know and some might surprise you!
1. Certified personal and group trainer
5. Simplify or get rid of one task/item in my life each month
7. Plan special dates with each child once a month – they need this for sure
8. No purchasing of Starbucks with MY money…this doesn’t mean I can’t use a gift card from someone else though 🙂
9. Do something for myself each month – along with letting Nick do something for himself once a month
10. Date night….we need these!!
SO 10 goals for the year isn’t bad – what are yours?
***PLEASE IGNORE THE AWFUL VIEW OF THIS POST – SOMETHING IS WRONG AND I CAN’T FIX IT!***