So growing up I can’t say that I had normal snacks. I mean I really didn’t get too many that were store bought as my mom baked and cooked a lot! I guess I have a memory that goes with them too! My 10 favorite snacks growing up:
- 10 – Watermelon on the back tailgate of my dad’s truck we called “the blue bomb” at the Traer football field. The Cheerleaders would feed the players for a break.
- 9 – Rhubarb pie – we had a little hill that it would grow on in Iowa and I swear that anytime I see it now I order it. I love the tang of it. mmmmm
- 8 – Popcorn made on the stove. My dad made the best.
- 7 – Microwavable smores – when we lived in Skaneateles my sister and I would devour these things when my mom would get them. One of the best snacks that were short lived – does anyone else remember these?
- 6 – Hot Fudge Sundae from Doug’s Fish Fry.
- 5 – Cream corner twist with crunch on the way home from school.
- 4 – Ice cream brownies my mom would make.
- 3 – Twinkie cake my mom would make.
- 2 – Good Humor strawberry cheesecake bars.
- 1 – M&M ice cream sandwiches.
As you can tell ice cream was a focal point 🙂 What about you?by